Buying a Home
Buying a home is an exciting time in one's life, as well one of the biggest investments you will ever make. Choosing the right REALTOR® should be your first priority to ensuring that your new home and community meets your needs. As your buyer's agent, it is our job to make sure you are properly educated on the home buying process. This includes but is not limited to the latest market trends, the mortgage process and options, inspection processes, the apprasial process, inventory of homes availible and most importanly, to LISTEN to your needs and wants. Keep in mind it's not the price of the home that is important! What is of MOST importance is knowing your monthly budget that will dictate the price of home to purchase.
As Your Agent, We Will:
- Assure that you're aware of all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from viewing properties to placing an offer to closing on your new home.
- Make sure you understand in FULL your entire cost.
- Answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your purchase, including down payment and monthly payment, closing cost.
- Locate a lender that meets your needs and get pre-qualified ASAP, owners will NOT allow any showings with out a valid pre-approval.
- Do you need to sell YOUR current home before buying another home?
- Have a list of needs and wants for our agents to review.
- Have a list of important questions for our agents to answer.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Lender fees including charges for loan processing and underwriting preparation.
- Third-party fees including charges for insurance, title search, inspection and apprasial.
- Government fees including deed recording and state taxes.
- A general closing cost rule of thumb is around 4% to 5% of the purchase price.
- Closing cost MAY be financed as a SELLERS CONCESSION. This requires permission from the seller. Sellers Concession is added to the TOP of the agreed purchase price.