Getting Started in Real Estate!
As a new Real Estate Agent it can be difficult to get your foot in the door of the business. You may find that you're working with people that aren't seriously motivated to buy/sell/rent and that you aren't getting a return on your paid for leads. Here are some simple, helpful tips that can help boost your presence and your business.
Be Outspoken - Talk to anyone and everyone about you being in real estate but spinning it in a friendly and natural way. It can be something as normal as the weather. "Oh this weather is so great for my business! Oh, what do I do you may ask? Real Estate!" Something like that. Don't be a secret agent! Everyone you know should know you do real estate and that you're willing to help them with their transactions!
- A Body in Motion Stays in Motion - The idea that despite the fact that in Real Estate you can set your own hours, you continue to work the maximum amount of hours you can afford to at the start of your career. This keeps you focused and goal oriented in your business and gets you out there in front of people, not stuck at home watching Netflix on a Tuesday afternoon.
- Keeping Your Energies and Mindset Positive - If you are a positive person you will draw other positive people and they will like to work/be around you more often. This makes future transactions a breeze and excellent recommendations for business. Don't be discouraged if you hit a rough patch in your Real Estate Career, stay positive!
- Put Out Amazing Local Content - The more content you have and the better it is than your competitors, the more of an expert you look in the local neighborhood/area. When you provide your area's audience and your potential clients with value, tangible content that they can use in their life, you already have a favorable impression with them.
- Advertise Where your Audience Is- If your audience is in print, advertise in print. If they're online, go online (online advertising can be a hell of a lot cheaper and target people much more accurately!). This is a huge part of your exposure to your neighborhood, don't neglect your prospecting duties as well.
- Work Open Houses - Work other agents open houses alongside them! If you know a property is going to get a lot of traffic and that agent will need help attending to all the traffic help them! You will DEFINITELY get business in the process so it's a win-win scenario.
The key to these tips is that you are changing a mindset and not expecting any one single thing on this list to help boost your business, but it is helpful to start with one rule at a time and build up to all of them! Good Luck out there Agents!